Tuesday 8 January 2013

The Coming Year 2013

Just recently I decided that I needed some work to get resources. I thought a good plan would be to advertise the fact I needed work.  I have done this before but with little response to my shout outs on facebook and twitter. I thought, well... I have to do this differently and so I put a free ad in gumtree.

Since placing the ad and posting the ad in facebook I got a much better response than I could have imagined. So much so that i'm now booked for the next couple of months and there is work beyond that.  I would like to say thank you to all of you who responded, it has really lifted my hopes and spirits .

What has come out of the response is that I should be travelling about more and experiencing more of what life has to offer me. Quite a few of the responses are from outside of wales and all seem like interesting options and projects to go and help out with.

I have had some questions regarding what my requirements of hosts are and it has become difficult to keep track of who I've answered and who I haven't, due to the different pages I posted my ad on and number of enquiries. So I've decided that I will make a list here on this blog so that I can post the list as and when someone wants to know more information about my requirements.  I will be posting this as my next post.

So, I'm booked up with so far...

Helping out a friend installing a wood burner in their camper van, should only take a day or so.  Then I'm back to my caravan on the farm.  I have to speak with the Owner about keeping the caravan on long term as a short stay place when i'm over this way, i'm confident we can come to some kind of agreement.

I will be over in Pembre/Bury Port next week helping clear a storage yard and then for two months starting 20th this month I'll be house sitting in Ponty and helping the house owner with repairs and maintenance jobs. 

After that, is still open and have yet to plan for.  I have had an offer to go to Cambridgeshire for a while to help someone with things they need doing and an offer to go to Ireland to help over there (if you are that person please get back in touch as I cant find where I posted and saw your response). I would like to do both Ideally. Cambridgshire is closer to home and may give me the opportunity to do some visiting whilst over there. I also had an offer back over here in wales (pembrokeshire) I figure if i'm on the way to Ireland  I could visit there on the way.

A this point I haven't got an exacting plan but the most useful thing would be to get jobs on route to places I'm heading.   This is where I need some help, I could do with anyone who is on my route(s) that needs me to come help out to get in touch when they can see i'm on a route that will come somewhere near them.

I'm hoping to get some software set up to show routes etc, but for now i'll try and post on facebook and twitter when i'm know my movements.

Here's a link to my ad for those that didn't see it first time round. http://www.gumtree.com/p/business-services/general-handy-man-for-hire-and-reward/1006350579

If you wish to get in touch my facebook blog page is here

https://www.facebook.com/discovereringtheway or contact me direct on 07597094991 (UK)

No comments:

Post a Comment