Wednesday 18 July 2012

Sleepless Nights & Barter


Hi folks,

My latest update was going to be a video, however , I’m not feeling up to it at the moment.  I have recently been suffering with broken sleep and insomnia.

 My sleep patterns have been so random of late I’m feeling very tired and weary. I’m sure this is just a phase and this will pass by soon.

Some of you may know that I will soon be living on a plot of land in my own self built dwelling.  I haven’t yet built the structure though, as I’m still needing some vital parts to make it work.  The Idea of me living on this land is so that I can become self sufficient which will free me up so I can provide free services to the local community.

Sounds great so far, however,  to achieve this I am having to take a bit of a side step. What I mean is Instead of just living of randomly given things with no amount specified, I will need to barter directly with people to ensure I build up enough things so that my plot becomes self sustaining and enables me to give back to the community.



When I say Barter, I will only barter services for goods for, I hope, no longer  than  a year. Doing this should help me on the way to self sufficiency. I have not changed my stand point on money or currency and I don’t like the fact I will be bartering, but , it is a means to an end. 


So from the end of July I will be using a barter system, I will of course offer services with no or little requirements as and when possible.










I am now looking for the following materials for my dwelling which is known as a Bender.



Canvas (Caravan Awning or Similar will do)
Pallets  x20
Ropes
Insulation Materials, Sleeping Bags, Blankets, Old Duvets anything that could do the job. I have some but not sure If I have sourced enough yet.
Wood Burner
Wooden Poles (Bendy)
 UPC Windows
An Old Shed for storage.



I am happy to barter my services for these things, donations are welcome though. Please get in touch through facebook if you think you have anything that I need. 

Well that's all for now, I hope you all have an amazing day !

No comments:

Post a Comment