Monday 21 May 2012

Moving Clay , Safety For Toads & Tractors.

Well, I have to say I feel shattered.  I din't take a day off last week. Saturday I was Clearing Japanese Knotweed ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_knotweed )  (Unfortunately I didn't take before pics) I have cleared a fair part of the area but there is still much to be done.











The Mound of Clay


 Sunday I was busy helping a friend move a huge  mound of  clay.




Pete Enjoying His ride on the Tractor.



We started to wheel barrow the stuff  but the weight of the wheelbarrow coupled with the distance, which was just under a 1/4 of a mile, was just too much. Luckily we discovered that the guy in the house up the hill had a tractor/lawnmower with trailer.

He let us use the tractor thankfully. This speeded things up no end but it still took us until  5:30 in the evening to clear all the clay.
Whilst moving the clay we found a little toad, He was placed in a safe place in the garden for him to be so he wouldn't be harmed by us on the tractor.







No comments:

Post a Comment